Friday, February 21, 2014

Mint green and Gold monogram Wedding Invitation + Tips & Tricks to make professional looking invitations

Purchase this design HERE at my Etsy Shop! 

While perusing Pinterest, I stumbled on some 2014 wedding trends and I'm in LOVE with the mint green and gold combo. If I was to have another wedding (with the same guy of course), I'd do these colors.


Gorgeous. Just gorgeous, y'all! So I had to do an invitation inspired by this combo. As always, you may select ANY color you want for the invitations and the sky is the limit as far as packaging goes, but this is what I selected.

I snapped a few iPhone photos of my process since I get asked a lot of questions about the tools I use.



Here's the layout I used.  I used a Brother color laser printer (THIS ONE) and calibrated it to my computer. Every printer is different and needs to be calibrated if printing color since different environments and computer settings affect color.


I sliced along the dashed guide lines to make each invitation 5x7". I used the Fiskars paper cutter.


One TIP that I think takes an invitation from homemade to professional is using a die punch on the corners to slip the paper in instead of gluing it together. Depending on the paper, glue may leave a bit of a greasey spot and it just looks crummy. For the final invitation, I used the rounded die notch attachment and rounded my corners. The picture below is of the straight slit.

 
I used an ivory card stock from the Hobby Lobby scrapbook section to print the color invitation and gold shimmery paper for the background. For the belly band, I used twine from the scrapbook section and a mint green and gold flower that came from the scrapbook embellishment section of Hobby Lobby. (NOTE: I ONLY buy things when they are on sale and I downloaded the Hobby Lobby App, because always have a 40% off one item coupon. No reason to pay full price!)



 Ashley
Jubeelee Art Etsy Shop


No comments:

Post a Comment