Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Tips & Tricks - Metallic Ink and white ink

If you have a million dollar budget, then you don't have to worry about the expense of printing with white ink or metallic ink, but if you're on a tight budget and doing a DIY wedding, here's a few tips that I've discovered to do at home.

You can find printers online that will print white or metallic, but it can be costly. I like do DIY and DIY CHEAP!

For white ink, print a color background with white text. Simple, but it works.

I've had customers ask me if I can make my designs in silver or gold. I can, but if you print on plain paper, it will show up plain mustard color or gray.

This may seem like a complete no brainer to most, but why not print on metallic paper to get a metallic ink look with color ink. It has a matte metallic look, but it's elegant and pretty and gets the job done for a heck of a lot cheaper than a printer and easier than buying metallic ink. 

I buy metallic or pearlized card stock from Hobby Lobby and JoAnns, but you can order from companies like Envelopperinc.com. You'll want 80lb paper or heavier for invitations. It's more durable and looks nice.

So if you were to order a design like this with the golden dots and printed on metallic, you'd get a metallic looking finish:

Like this (pardon the low res photo, it's dark outside:

It's a lot prettier in person, but you get the idea! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment