Thursday, June 19, 2014

Rustic modern abstract painting flower invitation - plum and orange wedding

Etsy is keeping me crazy busy lately that I've been negligent to blog and come up with new designs. I've been itching for something new to work on, so I decided to spend my afternoon coming up with something fun!

I try to come up with fun jaw-dropping invitations that are not only gorgeous, but budget friendly. The idea to incorporate abstract paintings into my designs came from my mama. I'm hoping to incorporate some of her paintings eventually.

PURCHASE THIS DESIGN HERE


My calligraphy invitation has been really successful, so I wanted to use have some elements of that invitation in this design.

Orders for fall weddings have been coming in and I've noticed a LOT of brides are going with aubergine or plum as their wedding colors. Brides after my own heart. I love some purple.



This design has a modern floral detail on the bottom portion. I used one of my own abstract paintings as the background for the flowers. I thought it was a fun detail to also tie into the calligraphy.

I use a simple plum satin ribbon on the invitation. I don't think there needs to be a lot of add embellishments since the invitation is so detailed, but I did throw in a tangerine paper flower in the pictures to show how orange would pop really nicely against the plum color. Although, the ribbon is reading more magenta on my screen. It's really more plum in person.

And of course, I'm slightly obsessed with kraft paper, so I printed these on kraft card stock on my home laser printer.






Ashly
JubeeleeART.etsy.com

1 comment: