Thursday, October 8, 2015

His grace abounds in deepest waters + free instant download printable watercolor hand lettered art

Dear Lillian,

Yesterday, we were walking out of Target. You insisted upon carrying this waste basket that I purchased for your new art studio and inside of it contained the plastic bag with a few other items we purchased. As we were walking out the door, you dropped the basket. There was a lady behind us, and I said, "OH excuse us, I'm so sorry." The lady huffed, rolled her eyes and stepped over us. Literally walked over the pile of goodies on the floor. No offer to help us, no "it's okay, it happens', nothing. My first thought was to call her a bad name in my head. I started to say to you that some people are just rude. But I stopped myself.

the chalkboard wall in your new art studio

There have been numerous times lately when I'm out running errands and I have hit my limit. I've had days where the little things get to me. Days where I want to have a meltdown in public because I'm exhausted and a mom with a toddler. Those are the days when I need grace the most.

The lady at Target yesterday needed grace from us. It made me realize that we need to extend grace to everyone, even if we don't know what is going on in their life. On days like yesterday when people don't extend grace to us,  God's grace is sufficient enough.

Scripture says we must live in harmony with one another, be sympathetic and have compassion for others. Being rude back was not the right thing to do.
8 Finally, all of you, live in harmony with one another; be sympathetic, love as brothers, be compassionate and humble.
9 Do not repay evil with evil or insult with insult, but with blessing, because to this you were called so that you may inherit a blessing.
1 Peter 3: 8-9
This is my watercolor hand lettered "Your GRACE abounds in deepest waters" FREE print that you can instantly download. Or purchase a high quality print from me.


No comments:

Post a Comment